Feline fur babies act crazy sometimes and are often hilarious to human parents witnessing their goofy episodes. Since nobody is perfect, just enjoy their innocent antics and correct them when necessary.
Sure, cat pranks can be highly annoying, especially if it is a weekday and you have chosen to work from home. However, you don’t need to feel too sad about frequent interruptions, as things can also go sideways in physical workplaces. Remember how you handled them the other day at the office like a champ?
The key to establishing a peaceful working environment at home lies in the effective home, cat, and work management. Keep your furball busy with exciting things, or provide it with options to stay with you while you work without troubling you.
Also, consider being prepared with kitten insurance in NZ so you can tackle cat emergencies with only a bit of stress. The support of cheap cat insurance becomes essential because you never know the dangers your cat can get into while you are hooked up to work.
Contemplate purchasing a cat policy. In the meantime, learn some quick tips on balancing your pet and office work on a work-from-home day.
Cats are curious creatures. Some cats sit quietly and watch their owners held up with office work from a distance, and others might conveniently take a seat on the desk or keyboard to tell them, “I’m here, and I need your attention, human!”.
In such a case, try the below tips so both of you are occupied and don’t interfere with each other’s work on a typical workday.
- Your cat can be no different than a mischievous human coworker; with this thought in mind, prepare yourself to deal with its shenanigans. Provide your furball an attractive cat computer to play with while you type away important things on your laptop. Your cat can engage in a paw print game or other mental stimulation games or puzzles and hence do its thing without disturbing you.
- Tell yourself that your baby cat won’t gossip about you with others, never reminds you of deadlines, doesn’t nag you to hurry up, and wouldn’t ask you to work beyond the regular working hours, unlike your human boss at the workplace. All your cute-looking cat might expect is some treats, toys, cuddles, affection, and praise.
- Ask yourself – can you get a better colleague or boss than your cat? Look at the bright side, and you’ll start appreciating your cat’s presence rather than getting irritated with its actions during working hours.
- Consider installing a wall/window perch or hanging a cat hammock at a spot from where your fur baby can easily view what you are doing on the laptop. When your cat realizes it is just a bunch of typing and scrolling pages up and down, they might calmly settle down erratichour.
- To avoid a view of your cat’s butt in the face of the camera during a meeting or accidental emails being sent out as your kitty tests your keyboard, you can confine it to another cat-safe room. At the same time, make sure the room has everything your cat will need during your absence to prevent sudden attacks and scary yowls.
Consider installing an effective pet monitoring system inside the home to know what your munchkin is up to while you work. Real-time notifications and alarms can help you with timely intervention during unforeseen events like accidents, injuries, and other emergencies.
Also, contemplate buying kitten insurance NZ so unanticipated health situations are more manageable. Cheap cat insurance helps support your cat with quality health care at affordable costs. So, why not buy a policy?